One of the favorite days at 4th Grade CSI is to cook in the solar ovens. We are anxiously awaiting our next sunny day so we can cook Smores in our solar oven Pizza boxes. Today was a rainy day so we spent our time making the ovens. We will cook in them as soon as it is sunny!
Emma started our day with All About Me and shared her love of reading! She has won many awards for being the top reader in her class for several years. Go Emma! Keep up the great love of reading!
STEPS TO MAKE A SOLAR OVEN:
Pizza Box (recycled is best)
Black Construction Paper
1. First, trace a line about one inch around the top of the pizza box on three sides. Don't cut the side by the flap that closes.
2. Second, glue aluminum foil to the bottom of the flap. Trim the aluminum foil so that it fits evenly to the flap.
3. Third, tightly tape plastic wrap to the underside of the open "window". Tape near the cut out so the plastic wrap is stretched tight over the opening.
4. Glue aluminum foil to the inside bottom of the pizza box.
5. Glue Black construction paper on top of the aluminum foil.
6. Now your oven is ready for cooking.